Entries must be postmarked no sooner than February 15, 2018. Entry period extended! Mailed entries must be postmarked before 11:59PM Pacific Time on April 20, 2018, and must be received by April 28, 2018.
- Poems should be in 12-point Times New Roman font, but handwritten Entries may be accepted if they are legible, in the sole discretion of the judging panel
- Portrait layout on letter-sized paper is preferred.
- Entries will not be penalized for other fonts or formats if the judge determines that the font or format enhances the poem.
- Please make sure your name appears on each poem you submit.
- Please include page numbers if your poem is longer than one page.
This information must be provided in the same envelope as poem(s) that are submitted to the Contest::
- Complete name of entrant
- Email address
- Branch of service
- Date of enlistment (dd-mm-yyyy)
- Date of discharge (dd-mm-yyyy)
- Rank at time of discharge
- Complete mailing address
- Telephone number
No more than three entries will be accepted or considered from any one entrant. Entrants submitting more than one poem for consideration may submit their entries at the same time or at different times.
All entrants must read and agree with the Contest Rules. You indicate your agreement with these rules by submitted your poem.
All submissions must be addressed to:
Heroes’ Voices Poetry Contest
San Francisco Veterans War Memorial Building
401 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 224C
San Francisco, California 94102