The program for the West Coast performance of The Soldier’s Journey is shaping up! Here’s a preview of what you can expect to see when you join us June 3 at 3:00 PM n The General’s Residence at Fort Mason:
- Music ranging from George M. Cohan to Les Misérables.
Commentary and poetry readings by Kevin Fisher-Paulson, SF Chronicle columnist and San Francisco Sheriff’s Department Captain, and by Kim Shuck, Poet Laureate of San Francisco.
- Popular songs from World War I, World War II, and.today.
- Veterans, and a Gold Star mother, reading their own moving poetry.
The program also features the first public readings of the four winning poems among the hundreds of poems submitted in this year’s National Veterans Poetry Contest.
Other performers include:
- Music Director and pianist Michael Conley.
- Singers Rick Harrell, Lynne Morrow, Victor Floyd, and Kristin Clayton- Knesevic.
- Veterans/poets Paul Cox, Ron Perez, and Robert Kaplan.
- Gold Star mother Mary Shea.
- Instrumentalists Larry Chung, Todd Butillo, Joseph LaRocca.
Tickets include admission to the post-performance Meet the Artists reception.
If you can’t attend, please consider sponsoring a ticket for a veteran or making a donation to Heroes’ Voices at heroesvoices.org/tickets.
I look forward to seeing you there!